I make these very often for my kids as these crackers are very cheesy and crispy with a melt-in-your-mouth texture. You cannot stop with popping just one in your mouth.......they are very addictive.
1 and 3/4 cup all purpose flour,
1/2 cup butter, room temperature,
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese,
1/2 tsp salt,
1 tsp sugar,
1 tsp paprika,
1 tsp baking powder,
few sprinkles of water to make dough.
- Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and make a soft dough. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough to 1/2 cm thickness and then score to get shapes or can use spritz cookie press to get the rippled effect crackers or can use the star plate of the chakli maker to get star shaped crackers.
- Put on the tray and bake for 20-25 minutes, do not allow to burn.
- The crackers will just turn mildly golden brown.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Add any chopped herbs or any other spices like cumin seeds or black pepper to make fancy grown up version.
These crackers do not expand when baked so when arranging them on the tray no need of spacing them.