3 cups, Kokan dudhi, peeled and chopped,
3 tbsp chana dal, washed and soaked in 5 tbsp water for 15 minutes,
1 tsp oil,
1 tsp mustard seeds,
1 green chilly , slit,
1/2 medium onion, chopped,
2 tbsp grated, coconut,
1/2 tsp turmeric powder,
pinch of sugar/jaggery,
salt to taste,
3/4 cup water.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds and when they splutter add onion, green chilly and the drained, soaked chana dal.
- Next add the dudhi and mix.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Cover with a lid and let cook on medium low heat till the vegetable and dal is cooked to fork tender.
- Turn off the heat and serve.
Can substitute any kind of dal for the channa dal.