1 tbsp oil,
1/2 tsp mustard seeds,
1/2 tsp cumin seeds,
1 tsp pepper corn powder,
1/2 tsp grated ginger,
1 tbsp cashew nuts(broken into pieces),
pinch of hing,
5-8 curry leaves.
1 tsp Eno powder.
- Heat oil, add all the tempering ingredients(except the Eno & batter).
- Add this tempering to the batter. Mix well.
- Keep a steamer and idli stand ready to steam.
- Add Eno to the batter, mix well and pour into greased idli molds and steam on high for 15 minutes.
- Take the idli molds out of the steamer and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Then unmold and enjoy with chutney or sambhar.
Can add grated carrots or peas to the batter.