Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Rava Idli/Steamed Wheatlets Circles.



I had jotted down in my dairy a few recipes for rava idli and decided to try my hand at it. But I made a few changes and additions.

I did not roast the rava and also I added a tbsp each of rice flour , udit flour and moong flour and ENO fruit salt.
The idlies came out very spongy and awesome.
Here is the recipe for rava idli with a twist.


Ingredients.
1 cup rava/wheatlets,
1 cup yogurt,
1 tbsp rice flour(optional),
1 tbsp udit flour(optional),
1 tbsp moong flour(optional),
1 tsp sugar,
1/2 tsp salt,
1 tsp eno,
hot water to make batter.


Method.
  • Mix rava, rice flour, udit flour, moong flour, salt, sugar. Add yogurt and mix well. Add some hot water to make a idly batter consistency.
  • Grease idly moulds and heat water for steaming.
    Add Eno, mix well till frothy and immediately pour in the idly moulds and steam for 15 minutes.
  • Makes 12 spongy idlies.
Note.
I made masala idli using same batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment