Monday, January 11, 2010

Home Baked Pizza & Bread.

I made some bread dough by mixing flour, yeast, sugar, salt, oil and water. I am not a baker who measures so just eye balled all the ingredients.

Bread
This bread reminded me of the "kunyachi pooli" (whole wheat flour and wheat bran bread) that my Pappa used to bring from a bakery called Cafe Central in Panajim, Goa. This bread used to be very dense and it was usually made only in the evenings. So my Pappa used to get this bread on his way home from work and we used to enjoy it slathered with butter and dunked in tea, (Yaa, I like my breads buttered and dunked in hot tea).
The bread that I baked was almost similar but next time I will make it of all whole wheat flour rather then half whole wheat and half all purpose flour.
Baked this bread at 450F for about 15 minutes.

Pizza with pineapple and black olives toppings.
Made this pizza for my kids. Used some of the above same dough, some pizza sauce(ready made), mozzarella cheese, black olives and chopped pineapples. Baked at 450F for 15 minutes.



4 comments:

  1. Good job Mayuri. The pizza looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful I love homemade Pizzas even though it's easy to buy, tastes better than any store bought. good job, Mayuri, both look delicious. I just linked you in my reader! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sailaja, Srimathi and Asha.
    I totally agree home made pizza has a unique taste of its own.

    ReplyDelete