I usually make nachni satva(ragi pudding), but this time wanted to make something different.
Dhokla sounded like a good idea. Turned out very nice and nutritious.
1 cup dhokla batter,
4 tbsp ragi flour/finger millet flour,
1 tsp Eno fruit salt.
1 tbsp oil,
1/2 tsp mustard seeds,
1/2 tsp sesame seeds.
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves for garnish.
- Dry roast the ragi flour on medium heat for few minutes till the raw smell goes away.
- Cool, then add to dhokla batter and mix well, add eno fruit salt, mix well and immediately pour in a greased 8 inch plate and steam for about 20 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes and cut into squares.
- Heat the oil for tempering, when hot add sesame seeds and mustard seeds and when they splutter pour this tempering on the cooled dhokla.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with chutney or ketchup.
Use any dhokla batter of your choice.
Chop left over dhoklas to make dhokla fry just like idli fry.