Ma had made peanut ladoos a few times for us. I remember her roasting and grinding the peanuts , she did not add besan but I added it as I was not sure if my kids would eat just peanut ladoos. I do not have her recipe but wanted to make the ladoos. And I had a lot of peanut butter to finish off so decided to make these, they turned out awesome and quick too.
HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY with Peanut Besan Ladoos.
1 cup besan(chickpea flour),
1 tbsp oil,
1 cup icing sugar,
1/2 cup regular fine sugar,
1 tsp cardamom powder,
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder,
3/4 cup peanut butter,
raisins to garnish.
- Roast besan with oil on low flame till well cooked and raw smell goes away.
- Take the pan off heat, add peanut butter and mix well when warm.
- Then add the 2 kinds of sugars and cardamom and cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Take 1-2 tbsp of mixture at a time in hands add a raisin and roll tightly into a ball.
- Makes 20 small or 10 medium sized ladoos
Add nuts if you like.
I used crunchy peanut butter so did not add any nuts.
Can also use almond butter to make these ladoos.