1 and 3/4 cup whole wheat flour,
2 tbsp chickpea flour(besan),
2 tsp oil,
1/2 tsp ajwain,
1/2 tsp turmeric powder,
1 tsp red chilly powder,
1/2 tsp dhania powder,
salt to taste,
4 tbsp chopped fresh methi leaves(fenugreek leaves),
1 tbsp dry kasoori methi, crushed,
pinch of cinnamon,
3 tbsp yogurt,
water to make the dough.
- In a bowl mix the wheat flour, besan, ajwain, turmeric, chilly powder, dhania powder, cinnamon, dry methi, fresh methi leaves to make a soft dough.
- Leave aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into balls and roll each into a thin roti.
- Heat a pan on medium high heat and put one thepla on the pan when it is almost cooked, flip it on the other side and when you see bubbles then flip it again and press so that it puffs ups.
- Take it off the heat and apply ghee or oil to it.
- Roast the rest of the theplas in a similar manner.
- Enjoy with a bowl of yogurt or steaming hot dal or pickle.
I usually apply the ghee after I roast the theplas but you can apply while on the pan too.
Can also add a tbsp of sesame seeds if you like.