My 5 year old son simply loved these bites and has requested that I pack these for his school lunch when he starts grade 1 in the fall.
- Take one of the phyllo sheet and lay it flat on a board. Brush it with oil using pastry brush, fold in half.
- Cut 4 long strips of the sheet. Take 1 strip and put 1tbsp of filling mixture on one end, then flip the corner end over filling to make triangle, keep flipping and making triangle of the sheet till the end then apply cornflour paste on the edge and stick the edge over the triangle.
- Keep covered under a moist towel. Make the rest of the samosas in similar way.
- Heat the oil, and deep fry the samosas in batches till brown and crispy.
- Serve with chutney or ketchup.
- Makes 16 tiny samosas.
I used potato filling to make these samosas, but you can use whatever filling you like or have on hand.
For a healthier version you can bake them in the oven at 350F for 20-30 minutes. Just for a change I wanted the fried goodies :D