2 cups chopped potatoes,
2 cups chopped bell pepper, any color,
2 tsp oil,
1 tsp mustard seeds,
1 tsp cumin seeds,
1/2 tsp turmeric powder,
1 tsp garam masala,
1 tsp lemon juice,
salt to taste.
chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds, when they splutter, add the potatoes and stir well.
- Add the turmeric powder, garam masala and salt, mix well.
- Sprinkle a few teaspoons of water.
- Cover with a lid,reduce heat to very low and let the potatoes cook till tender.
- Add the chopped bell pepper and mix and cover again and let the pepper cook.
- Finally add the lemon juice, mix and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
I used mixed bell pepper(yellow, orange,red and green).