Well, the other day I felt like eating bhaji but did not want to indulge in the oily stuff, so thought ok, let me try this method.
And guess what it did work !!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now there is no stopping me from enjoying these bhaji's any time of the day.
5 tbsp chickpea flour(besan),
1 tsp rice flour,
1/2 tsp ajwain seeds,
1/4 tsp turmeric powder,
1/2 tsp salt,
1 green chilly , chopped fine,
1/4 cup chopped onion,
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
2 tsp oil.
- Mix all ingredients except oil in a bowl, add few tbsp of water to make bhajiya batter.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a 8 inch non stick pan on medium heat.
- Pour all the batter in the hot pan and spread(like a thick dosa).
- Let cook few minutes, take a spatula and flip the bhaji pancake.
- Drizzle 1 tsp oil on the edges of the circle and let cook on other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Take the bhaji pancake off the pan and cut into triangles or squares and enjoy with some ketchup or chutney and a hot cup of tea.
The rice flour makes the bhajiya crispy.
Increase green chilly to make more spicy.
This batter was sufficient to make one 8 inch circle.
These need to be eaten crispy hot or else they get soft.